Tuesday, April 15, 2008

For Tito

Students read the following excerpt from For Tito by Sandra Maria Esteves:

For Tito

you, macho machete,
are all the fine conga rhythms
played in the street, in parties, in spring
all the beautiful vibes of la playa sextet
washing up against the palms in the hairs of my back
turning my blood into salsa
and filling me up inside to swell
with who I am

you, macho paciencia,
are the star of my aqua sea

Poems generated from this model include the following:

For Tony by Maribel Juanrez

you, sexy man,
are the strings of my guitar
playing the chords of my heart
echoing my body in tune
strumming my soul with song

For Andy by Li Chui

you, clear crystal,
are the primrose stars
in the shadowy grass

you, eternal light,
are the surge
of deep music

For Danny by Melanie Myers

you, my masterpiece,
are all the fine art
charcoaled on the canvas
of my consciousness

are all the prize paintings
framed forever
hanging in the gallery
of my heart

No comments: